When I’m not making smoothies, egg whites & veggies, or breakfast sandwiches in the morning, I like to experiment with breakfast bowls.
For the sake of presentation I add all the ingredients in sections. But it’s best to mix it all together before taking a bite.
There are so many beautiful creations that exist on Instagram for inspiration. But here are the guidelines I tend to follow myself. I created them based on what we like in our house.
- Protein Base — We like fat-free Fage.
- Crunch — Try chopped nuts or seeds, a bit of granola and/or your favorite cereal(s).
- Fruit — We often use some combination of blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, banana, kiwi.
- Flavor Burst — Add something with an intense flavor that can help bring together the ingredients. Unsweetened coconut flakes is one option.
- Sweetener — Just a little honey or agave drizzled over the top.
- Finishing Touch — Sprinkle with cinnamon and cocoa powder.
The best part about these bowls is that you will never get sick of them because you can switch up the ingredients every single time.